[pct-l] Road leading VVR

kmurray at pol.net kmurray at pol.net
Mon Jun 30 11:08:17 CDT 2008

The road to VVR is a good road, much of it paved.

What makes it challenging is that it is mainly a one-lane road, which can
make it challenging if there is much traffic the other way.  There are
lots of wide spaces/turnouts, however.

There is also the occasional pothole.  There are also spots where there is
significant exposure on the drop-off side, and that can make people
nervous.

You simply have to drive it more slowly than you would a city street.

I've driven it many times in my Nissan 300ZX sports car, which has VERY
low ground clearance.  It is a breeze in a normal car.  There are NO
section in which you would use 4WD.

The section from the High Sierra Station to VVR takes about 40 minutes if
one does not know the road.

Ken

"Does anyone know what the road to VVR looks like? Meadow Ed said he has hear
that even 4x4 cars and trucks can have a hard time. But, I'm looking for
solid info because I plan on driving down on Tuesday to visit a friend on
the PCT. I may just call the store or someone up there. Thanks for the feed
back."