[pct-l] Yes, a Wilderness Permit Is Needed for Sonora to Echo

Carl Siechert carlito at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 15:36:21 CDT 2008

True...Sonora Pass to Echo Lakes doesn't get you into Desolation Wilderness.
It does, however, pass through the Carson-Iceberg and Mokelumne Wilderness
Areas, both of which require a permit. Details here:
http://www.fs.fed.us/r4/htnf/recreation/wilderness/carson_iceberg.shtml and
http://www.fs.fed.us/r4/htnf/recreation/wilderness/mokelumne/mokelumne.shtml

AFAIK, there are no quotas for either wilderness area.