[pct-l] Odor Proof Bags

Janet Grossman janetgr at cableone.net
Mon Jun 30 22:03:28 CDT 2008

Message: 8
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 11:38:50 -0400 (EDT)
From: "keith"<kbdph at myway.com>
Subject: [pct-l] Odor Proof Bags
To: Pct-l at backcountry.net

Has anyone had any experience with Aloksak bags?  While bears are not a problem in Oklahoma mice can be a nuisance.  Thanks KB

Keith,
I guess what I've used is different, but I have done about 455 miles of the PCT (Campo to Agua Dulce) using O.P. Saks from Watchful Eye Designs, and have just slept with my food and toiletries and garbage in an O.P. bag inside my pack and my feet up on my pack, either in my tent, or more often just under the stars. I can't smell my food when the bag is sealed, and have not been aware of any creatures trying to get at my food. I wish I'd had these bags when I did the AT, as mice were sure an issue there.
Janet