[pct-l] I think the herd is . . . Two more cents (I had change left)

robo hiker robohiker at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 1 06:04:24 CST 2008

more funny stuff!! lovin' it over here! :-D> Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 22:26:56 -0800> From: pfreiman at ucsd.edu> To: pct-l at backcountry.net> Subject: I think the herd is . . . Two more cents (I had change left)> > > First of all, I don't like being associated with a cow (herd). I think we should call the "herd" a "gaggle" instead. I don't mind being associated with a goose. In fact, I enjoy it. Second of all, the only time (as Gumby points out) that the gaggle is a "problem" is at the trail angel's house. Here is the solution: I say we can only spend 4 hours at any angel's house. That way no one bunches up. Too drastic? Ok, 5 hours or as long as no more than 8 people bunch (or gaggle). I personally love my hiking brothers and sisters and don't see a problem, but if other people see a problem there must be a problem.> Capt Bivy> > > From: "Bill Batchelor" <billbatch at cox.net>> Subject: [pct-l] I think the herd is . . . Two more cents (I had> change left)> To: "'PCT MailingList'" <pct-l at backcountry.net>> Message-ID: <00e801c87a85$ebeaece0$0201a8c0 at OFFICE>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"> > > > I'd just like to add that last year when I left, I left around what would be> considered "prime starting time". I did not go to ADZ, but ran into others> that did. Once on my way I'd meet a dozen people in town. On the trail> however, I was separated from others in solitude most of the time. When I> did meet other hikers, they were beautiful, wonderful, kindred spirits; the> finest collection of souls I have ever known. If that is the herd, then> MOOOOOOO - brand me.> > I don't drink much, but tonight may be an exception.> > Bill - Pink Gumby>