[pct-l] Oregon Section Hiking

Melissa 'Liss' Cain melissa at pixysticks.net
Sun Mar 2 00:10:25 CST 2008

So, I've been lurking here for ages, but I have a more general question
for the list.

Due to life circumstances, I can't thru-hike at this point in time.  I'm
doing the PCT in rather long section hikes, though, and plan on bagging
most of Oregon in a trip this summer.

I was thinking of starting OR Section B from Ashland and then finishing
at Cascade Locks, at the end of G.  I will likely only average out about
15 miles a day and will have around 30 days, but that seems doable.

My biggest question would be to the mind trust of the list, what would
you pick as the best time period to try this stretch?  I'm thinking
mid-July to mid-August, but would really appreciate further input.

Honestly,  I'd rather start with the beginning of A and fully complete
Oregon in a few more days, but I can't figure out a good transportation
method to get from up here in Seattle to Seiad Valley without making
someone drive me.  The trailhead near Ashland is a lot easier to access.

Thanks!
Liss, PCT Neophyte