[pct-l] Weird list goings on

Mike Powers mike at maps.com
Thu Mar 6 13:57:21 CST 2008

I'm sure the techie folks are on the job, but I thought I would post to
possibly shed some light on the issue for those who may be scratching their
heads.

I signed up for the PCT-L mailing list a few years ago (2003, I think it
was) in anticipation of doing a thru hike. Then I got married, had a kid,
and the PCT plans were put on hold. I unsubscribed from the list, and
stopped getting the emails.

Then all of a sudden I started receiving PCT-L emails again...ironically, at
the same time the list regulars were posting that the list seemed quiet. I
never went back to the site to resubscribe or anything. I started getting
emails the same time you all stopped getting them! This same thing happened
once before...I don't know, maybe a year ago? Kinda weird!

Anyway, glad to see some familiar names on the list. Maybe I'll stay on this
time. I recently moved to the Sacramento area from SoCal, and left all of my
backpacking buddies down in the Southern Los Padres NF. If any of you live
in the Bay Area/Sacramento Valley/Tahoe area, and need a hiking partner for
some 2 to 4-night treks, then contact me off list...I'd love to tag along.

Best,
Mike