[pct-l] car shuttle request: section C Silverwood - Mojave Dam

David Hough on pct-l pcnst2001 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 6 14:40:01 CST 2008

In my ongoing war of section-hiking attrition against
the PCT, I would like to dayhike between Highway 138
near Lake Silverwood and Mojave River Dam near Highway
173, a distance of 17 wiggly trail miles (but sort of
flat) and a car distance of perhaps ten miles.

If somebody local would be able to haul me from either
end to the other on the morning of Monday, March 10,
then I can do all of this in one day instead of half
on one day and half sometime later.    I would
appreciate
that a lot.    Failing that,
is there a taxi service in Hesperia?

All subject to cancellation if enormous Santa Ana
winds
come up as they have the last three times I tried
to do this!   The Cajon Pass area is always very hard
hit.

And is there anything special I should know about
trail conditions on this stretch right now?
It had a very brushy reputation in times past, in
between fires.

David Hough