[pct-l] Clinton C. Clarke Tree

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Fri Mar 7 06:54:08 CST 2008

Squatch asked: "Any online pics of this tree?"

I thought I had remembered seeing a photo of a very large oak with picnic tables and a grill under it...
But perhaps my 'fuzzy' memory had finally failed me...
Maybe it wasn't "online" - but I just 'knew' I had seen it on my computer screen...
I thought I had seen the photo fairly 'recently', too...  Yes, now I remember...  I found it (both the photo AND my mind)!

There is a photo of either the Clinton C. Clarke Tree or another very similar healthy specimen on the More Than A Mile Pacific Crest Trail CD set...
Southern California disc (after startup), click on Southern Desert then Photos then Warner Springs, go to Photo 2 - or (after startup) click on Photos then Southern Desert, go to Photo 64...

So we will leave it up to you, Squatch, to immortalize the Clinton C. Clarke Tree in the next WALK installment - maybe even have Switchback waxing poetic (as much as a scroungy pirate can anyway) about the tree, the infamous WS loop, saber tooth cats, etc., etc. ...

Maybe WS Monty or another SoCal 'local' can share a photo online in the near future (?) - that way Squatch can better envision his filming of the Clinton C. Clarke Tree this Spring...

Happy trails!!! (and filming)
Jim