[pct-l] A Naming

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Fri Mar 7 12:58:54 CST 2008

--  A Naming --

Ladies and Gentlemen of the trail:

WHEREAS the naming of an esteemed member of the hiking community is a solemn
and significant occasion, and,

WHEREAS one of our number has expressed interest in acquiring a trail name,
and,

WHEREAS that applicant is of the very highest rate and reputation among
hikers, and,

WHEREAS an appropriate name has been nominated for her,

THEREFORE I, Steel-Eye, by the power invested in me by nobody in particular,
do hereby decree and proclaim that now, henceforth, and forever Ms. Georgi
Heitman shall be known on the trail as "FireFly".

Go forth, FireFly, and take your place among the hiker-trash peers.

Steel-Eye

> From: Georgi Heitman <bobbnweav at gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 8:51 PM
> Subject: New e mail address
> To: pct-l at backcountry.net
>

> I also have taken a trail name suggested to me
> back in September of 2005 by Freebird.  I've asked for other
> suggestions, but few have been offered and I really like FireFly.  I
> remember visiting my grandparents back in Kansas during summer
> vacations and my cousins and I would try to catch them in a jar.  So
> I've been trying to use FireFly for a while now, help me out, o.k?
> Thanks.

 FireFly