[pct-l] Kennedy Meadows and butane canister availability

Travis Beals trbeals at berkeley.edu
Tue Mar 11 01:19:46 CDT 2008

Thanks to Bob and Snap for the info. Anyone know if the Kennedy
Meadows general store (the south one) carries butane canisters?

Here's the most recent information I've collected on butane canisters:

Onyx: ?
Kennedy Meadows: ?
Lone Pine: Yes
Independence: No (but can bus to Bishop or Lone Pine)
Muir Trail Ranch: Yes, but occasionally runs out of stock
VVR: Yes
Red's Meadow / Mammoth Lakes : No at Red's / yes in Mammoth Lakes (try
outfitter near Motel 6)
Tuolumne Meadows: Yes (try climbing store next to gas station if
general store is out).
Sonora Pass / N. Kennedy Meadows / Bridgeport: No at N. Kennedy
Meadows , Bridgeport is a maybe
Markleeville: ?
Echo Lake / South Lake Tahoe : Unlikely at Echo Lake, yes in South
Lake Tahoe (try K-mart and outfitter near K-mart)
Soda Springs / Truckee: Probably in Truckee