[pct-l] dehydrator question

Janet Grossman janetgr at cableone.net
Wed Mar 12 21:03:01 CDT 2008

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 09:46:50 -0800
From: Moynihan <mary.moynihan at gmail.com>
Subject: [pct-l] Food dehydrators
To: PCT <pct-l at backcountry.net>

I've decided to give dehydrating my own food a chance this summer's hike and
was wondering what models/brands are most recommended. I ideally don't want
to pay over $100, so that eliminates the excalibur. Has anyone used the
Nesco 75 Pro?

Any suggestions will be helpful. I do want to dehydrate veggies, fruits,
some meats, and look into making my own sauces.

Speedstick

Speedstick,
I recommend checking any nearby swap meets or yard sales or thrift stores. A lot of people seem to get rid of dehydrators that work just fine. I think we paid $25 for our Excalibur, and my partner has bought several others that way and sold them on ebay for a lot more than he paid.
Janet