[pct-l] hosting/helping hikers at my house in san diego

Pea Hicks phix at optigan.com
Thu Mar 13 13:02:47 CDT 2008

hi all, this is an open invite for 2008 pct hikers of any sort, section
or thrubies. i can pick you up at the airport or bus station, put you up
at my house, take you on whatever errands you may need to run in san
diego, and get you out to the trailhead. i'm self-employed, so my
schedule is very open, except for the fact that i'll be out of town from
april 9-13. there's also an off chance that i'll be hiking section A
from warner springs into the adz kick-off (as a shake-down for my
colorado trail thru-hike this summer) but at this point there's sort of
a 50/50 chance that i'll do that.

fyi, i thru-hiked the pct in 06, and last year hosted and/or helped
approx 40 hikers get started from san diego. it's a pleasure and a
privilege to do so, and i neither expect nor want anything in return
other than some fine hikertrash company and a few laughs. this is
partially my way of paying forward the infinite
kindnesses-from-strangers that i myself received while hiking the pct,
but it's also just plain fun to meet so many kindred spirits. so please
don't feel as if you're inconveniencing me *at all* by taking me up on
my offer. the pleasure is truly all mine.

also, like last year, i'll be collaborating with scout & frodo (barney &
sandy mann), ie pooling our transportation/lodging resources, etc. so if
you've already arranged to stay with them, chances are you'll run into
me at some point while you're in san diego.

ok, feel free to email me off list if there's absolutely anything at all
i can do to help make your transition from home to san diego to the pct
less stressful and more enjoyable!

cheers!

girlscout
(aka pea hicks)