[pct-l] Clinton C. Clarke Tree Conspiracy

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Mar 13 23:56:23 CDT 2008

Warner Springs Monty writes: Local law  enforcement  received this photograph
yesterday of a man suspected of  conspiring to pillage and/or plunder a large
Oak tree on the Warner Springs Loop  of the Pacific Crest Trail. He was
described as resembling a Trail Pirate  and carrying a large empty backpack.
The man approached the tree, took out a  measuring tape, measured the tree,
then measured the backpack, then the tree  again, and then the backpack.

Authorities suspect that after measuring the tree and the backpack that  the
suspect determined he needed a bigger backpack and moved on.  Although
nothing was actually stolen, they say this does constitute conspiracy to Pillage
and/or Plunder.

>From a reliable source we have been notified that a SWAT team operation  will
be in effect to apprehend this suspected Trail Pirate in the main dining
room of the Warner Ranch on the evening of April 23rd and question him for
Conspiracy to Steal a Large Tree.  Notice that the word "Piracy" is  cleverly
hidden inside the word "Conspiracy".

By coincidence, I will be  there having dinner with my buddy Switchback, who,
by another coincidence, is  also a Trail Pirate (same as the suspect).  What
are the odds of that  happening the same night as the SWAT team operation and
that the suspect is also  a Trail Pirate?
Switchback the Conspiracy replies: Thank you for the heads up.  Yes,  there
will be a big crowd of backpackers at the resort dinning room at 5 PM on
Wednesday, April 23 for the big food ruck.  I will be  there on Thursday evening
too with LuLuLupie.