[pct-l] Plugging through the Sierras?

Phil Baily pbaily at webuniverse.net
Sat Mar 15 14:58:13 CDT 2008

A less used option is to mail a package to John Muir Ranch. As of 2-3
years ago, they held packages for a fee. They are only about a mile
off the PCT. I don't think you can use their hot springs unless you
stay there, but very close to them, you can wade across the fork of
the San Joaquin and soak in un-improved natural hot springs. I think
they are called Blayney Hot Springs, if my memory is right. There are
lots of good camping spots between the PCT and the ranch, or near the
ranch or river. The only drawback may be the fee, which is probably
larger than others levy. Just north of the Sequoia-King's Canyon Park
northern boundary, there is a trail going west to Lake Florence; they
are on that trail.

Pieces