[pct-l] back-less jacket?

gtoevan at gmx.net gtoevan at gmx.net
Sat Mar 15 14:39:11 CDT 2008

While hiking last summer I thought up the idea of a jacket (fleece or insulating) without a back. I was cold without my jacket, but when I put my jacket on, my back was very hot and it exacerbated the sweating problem.

Has anyone ever tried using a back-less jacket? How did it work? I figure if I bring only a backless insulating jacket, most of the time I will have my backpack on or be lying on foam insulation in my back so it shouldn't make too much of a difference.

Evan