[pct-l] Dehydrated Water Demo?

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Mar 16 10:01:22 CDT 2008

There has been a public out cry that I also demo dehydrated water at the
Pirate's Roost/Lair at the April Kickoff.  I was only going to demo  compressing
water from one liter into a pint container.  This would be a  great help to
the thru hikers.

But now I am wondering if I should go all the way and demo dehydrated water
too.  I normally do not do this for anything less than $1400 seminar fee -
which I am sure the Kickoff organizers will be glad to pay me in advance.   I
figure the thru hikers should have some challenges on their thru hike.   We
should not make it too easy for them.

What to do?  What to do?  Should I recommend that the class of  2008 forget
about carrying any regular water over a few rehydrating  drops?  Should I make
their big thru hike a cake walk?  Will the class  of 2008 then be called a
bunch of wimps because they did not have hardly any  water weight on their hike?

We will have to think about this.

Switchback and Stinky, the Pirate's Roost/Lair Mascot  Skunk