[pct-l] Dog bite

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Sun Mar 16 17:25:33 CDT 2008

On a short walk today on a local trail, I came around a corner to see
two nice dogs off leash, followed by their miss. Both dogs pass me
wagging their tales, hardly giving me a second look. After they pass, I
feel a dog hit the back of my thigh. One of the dogs circled around and
bit me. Well, tried to bite me or something, all he got was my pants.
Thankfully, no broken skin, no torn pants. Maybe he just wanted to play,
I don't know, but it shook me up pretty good. The owner said she was
shocked, the dog had never done that, etc. Well, it did it to me. Sure
put a damper on the hike. She put her dogs on their leashes, gave me her
phone number in case anything happens, and went on.

I love my dog, but she's always on a leash. (My dog was not with me
today.) I'm sure everyone's dogs are sweethearts and would never bite,
but. please. keep them leashed. I'm bummed, and was nervous about every
dog I passed after that.

The trail I was on allows dogs off leash only in certain areas but never
on weekends. I suppose a few reports like mine would result in dogs
being banned completely. I'm torn. I don't want this to happen to
someone else, but I do want to be able to take my dog there someday.

AsABat