[pct-l] Passports required this year?

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 11:25:35 CDT 2008

> But a passport might be a good alternative to trying to keep my birth
> certificate from getting lost or damaged.

Or a Birth Certificate might be the best way to keep your Passport from
getting lost or dammaged.
I just got a passport.  Well over $100.  Plus, in the process, I had to
order a copy of my birth certificate.  Seems a Hospital birth certificate,
which I had, was not suitable for getting my passport.  I had to order a new
birth certificate, a "legal" birth certificate, from the Illinois Department
of Vital Statistics.  Directly from the state, I was able to buy one for
$10-$15.
I'll take that across the border this year.  More expendable (and lighter)
that my perfect condition passport.
Just mail it to Stehekin.

Monty

Warner Springs Monty
Pacific Crest Trail 2650 Miles .....Again.....and Again
Sign my Guestbook
www.trailjournals.com/monty