[pct-l] San Jacinto Sec B Snow and ice conditions Mar 15-16

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 13:49:31 CDT 2008

Hi All

I did an overnight on San Jacinto south of Hwy 10 in section B at 9000 plus feet Mar 15-16.
The March 17 entry has most of the info about what I was able to see regarding thru-hike conditions.

www.trailjournals.com/monty
Or
http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=219370

Expecting some water info about the first 20 miles that may contain usually unknown water in about 2 weeks.

We have great Snow Melting Weather going on doen here (Southern Cal)

This Afternoon: Sunny, with a high near 71. Calm wind becoming west between 10 and 15 mph.

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 39. West wind between 5 and 15 mph.

Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 69. West wind between 5 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Wednesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 40. West wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 69. West wind between 10 and 15 mph.

Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 44.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 68.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 42.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 72.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 45.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 73.

Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 45.

Monday: Sunny, with a high near 72.

Less than a month til my start time
Warner Springs Monty
Pacific Crest Trail 2650 Miles .....Again.....and Again
Sign my Guestbook
www.trailjournals.com/monty