[pct-l] Socks for hiking

Freiman, Paul pfreiman at ucsd.edu
Sun Mar 23 14:17:25 CDT 2008

Thanks for the recommendations.  I like the REI socks, but every time I wear Smart Wool I get blisters.
Capt Bivy

From: Susan Alcorn <backpack45 at yahoo.com>
Subject: [pct-l] Socks for hiking
To: pct-l at backcountry.net

I also recommend the Injinji toe socks. And I also agree they wear out amazingly fast. They make both an all wool and a blend and I've not determined which wears out the fastest. Even so, it's worth it to me to pay the price because my feet don't get hot and I no longer get blisters on my toes.
Susan Alcorn

Shepherd Canyon Books, Oakland, CA
http://www.backpack45.com/ & http://www.backpack45.blogspot.com/
Publishers of two award-winning books: "Camino Chronicle: Walking to Santiago" and "We're in the Mountains Not over the Hill: Tales and Tips from Seasoned Women Backpackers."