[pct-l] nuts and granola in mail drops

JOHNNY J FARBER farber51 at msn.com
Sun Mar 23 17:13:06 CDT 2008

 I agree that vacumn packing will keep nuts & granola fresh because it is air that causes nuts to go rancid, but there are two other options:  buy nuts at the resupply towns---nuts are heavy to mail and available almost every where.  Also look for a low fat granola because it is the fat that will spoil first.  I plan to buy all my nuts and cereal in resupply towns, except parts of Oregon and Washington, because even small stores carry these items.  Hope this helps.  Sharon 'FREE' Farber

www.trailjournals.comFREEandEZgoing<http://www.trailjournals.comfreeandezgoing/>