[pct-l] desert hiking pants recommendation

Eric Payne vaporjourney at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 16:42:15 CDT 2008

I'd like to recommend the Eco-Mesh pants by RailRiders for use hiking in hot
terrain.  Lots of PCT hikers already use RailRiders shirts in the desert but
don't about these pants.  They have big areas of mesh down the side of each
leg that can be zipped up and closed off if bugs are bad, or it's chilly
out.  The fabric is also thin and dries in 15 min.  No way you'll find a
better pair of pants than these.  I'll switch to these in the High Sierra
and beyond, and I HATE hiking in pants.  For the desert it's definitely a
Macabi men's skirt...