[pct-l] John Muir Trail

William Skaggs weskaggs at primate.ucdavis.edu
Mon Mar 24 17:11:37 CDT 2008

> Does anybody know if it's possible to do the entire John Muir
> Trail from North to south starting the 19th of May? I'm wondering
> if the snow coverage would be too much to do it this early.
> ~Shayne

Anything's possible with the right equipment and state of mind, but
this being a more or less average snow year so far, you can expect
to hit a lot of deep snow.  Last year you could probably have done
it relatively easily, this year, not.  If you're interested in tracking snow
information, you can find day-by-day measurements at

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/snow/current/snow/

  -- Bill