[pct-l] Asian markets

mark v allemande6 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 17:17:41 CDT 2008

I also like to buy a lot of my backpacking food in
asian markets...all sorts of yummy dried weird things
that taste good on the trail, from dried lily flowers
to wasabi chick peas.  And if you think ramen is
boring, you haven't tried aisle 5.  But...

i'll mostly be resupplying out of towns along the way.
 Are there any asian markets near the trail, other
than places like L.A., Portland, and Seattle?  I
suppose i could keep some dried mushrooms at least in
my bounce bucket.

I've also been wondering if there are any Indian lunch
buffets along the way.  I've heard of one in Ashland,
and i know the big cities have plenty.  (India Grill
on E. Burnside in Portland is very good.)  Are there
other Indian restaurants, say in Tahoe or Bend or
Idyllwild or somewhere???