[pct-l] spagetti sauce

karl jorgensen karlandpeggy at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 27 18:53:02 CDT 2008

i have not seen this discussion before, so what i say may be what has already been covered.  when i hiked the trail in 06 i never cooked anywhere on the trail.  i made up my meals before and sent them to myself, including a lot of speggetti and leather sauce.  between 3 and 4 each day, whenever i was at a water spot, i put my meal in a large peanutbutter jar with the water, put it back into the pack, and then at around 5 i ate.  if i was to do the trail again, i would do it the same way.  i found it really worked for me.   jorgy  06