[pct-l] Section C report

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Fri Mar 28 09:31:15 CDT 2008

 From Sunday to Wednesday of this week we did trailwork on a  20 mile
segment of section C this week, from Onyx Summit northbound to 3 miles
past Doble Trail Camp.  At that point we were turned back by deep
snowdrifts on steep sidecut trail on the north flank of Gold Mountain.
Arrastre Creek is running, past Arrastre Spring trail camp and for
another mile northbound.  There is lots of snow and ice on the trail. We
did not find any running water north of Arrastre Creek, and we could not
get any water out of the faucets at Arrastre Spring trail camp or at
Doble Trail Camp.  Seems like all the water is locked up in the muddy
frozen ground.  Daytime temps were about 50 degrees and breezy, and
nighttime temps were about 20 degrees.
The trail is otherwise in good shape.  If you want to hike this area
right now take lots of water, and I suggest leaving water caches for
yourself near road crossings if you are going any distance.
Marion