[pct-l] (no subject)

TOM AND JOANNE BALCOM tombalcom785 at msn.com
Sun Mar 30 20:57:17 CDT 2008

I like using Wright Socks.  They are a double-liner sock which helps wick moisture away from the feet.  I carried two pairs with me, wearing one while the other was hanging off my backpack drying or airing out.  Perhaps the dirty socks hanging off my pack were also a bear deterrent.  The problem is they are only good for about 250 miles--then they are full of holes.  I would have new pairs shipped to me in my re-supply.

Stretch (from '03)

I read in Yogi's book about the desert kind of grinding up socks....how many
pairs do you take with you in the desert? is this a real problem?

I have 5 pair that i would wear hiking in the summer. i was thinking about
taking 3 pair with me, they are small. or should i plan on my socks getting
ravaged.

also, i am wearing the merrell waterpro ultra sport....lots of mesh, you can
feel the wind on your feet...so this may let more sand/dirt/sock grinding
material into my shoe....

thanks.

moondog