[pct-l] Trail Fest- To all rookies and attendees

Jordan2ynp at aol.com Jordan2ynp at aol.com
Mon Mar 31 02:30:28 CDT 2008

To all 2008 Rookies, and Trail Fest Attendees:

    This past weekend I attended one of the most fantastic events I have ever
been to in my life. It was, as most of you can guess, Trail Fest. I got the
opportunity to meet some of the most amazing past through hikers and current
trail angles. More importantly however, I met and got to know the wonderful
people who dedicate their lives to maintaining and preserving our beloved (or soon
to be) trail.

       This experience changed my entire outlook towards the hike. On
Thursday I would have told somebody, "I am going to hike the PCT." Now however my
response has changed to, "I am going to experience the PCT." I learned this is
not a trail one conquers or completes, but one a person becomes a part of.
Through the sensational stories of success, sorrow, serenity, and satisfaction; I
learned what a magnificent trail this truly is.

    The only down side was the lack presence from the rookie class. For those
who did not attend, you all missed a quintessential part of the PCT
experience. You missed meeting the wonderful trail crews who put their sweat into the
construction of the trail; you missed hearing old stories that ran the gambit
of emotions from past hikers, and most of all you missed the chance to
understand what this trail truly means to so many wonderful people.

    Yet, I shall not lament upon my fellow rookie brethren. All I can do is
appreciate my experience, and the opportunity to be embraced by such a truly
selfless and wonderful community. So, to all whom I met and were involved with
Trail Fest I thank you from the bottom of my heart for such a truly wonderful
weekend.

You pal and proud heard member,

Good Times
Let the Good Times roll.

PS-  I want to thank L-Rod for her passionate discussion about Trail Fest. It
was because of her telling about what a wonderful event Trail Fest was, that
I decided to go. L-Rod, you deserve a million thank you's!