[pct-l] Food Supplies for 6 day Hike

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Mon Mar 31 07:53:31 CDT 2008

Good morning, Edan and/or Amanda,

You didn't mention if that 19 lbs. was for both of you, or for each.  For
you alone, the weight of reasonably dry food could be as little as 1.5
lb./day, or as much as 2.5 lbs./day.  19 lbs. would be a fairly heavy ration
for one person for 8 days, but awfully light for two people.  In only 6-8
days you probably won't get into the real hunger mode that is typical of
long-distance hikers, so you could tend towards the light side.  Amanda, at
110 pounds, will probably require about 2/3 as much as you.

Steel-Eye