[pct-l] Six Moon Design Wild Oasis

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 31 09:48:36 CDT 2008

I used the poncho tarp version of this shelter (the Gatewood Cape) on the CDT in 2006.

I loved it as shelter! Easy and quick to set up, saw me through heavy snow and was about right for solo and light shelter.

 Found the cape to be a great shelter, but could never get used to a poncho. So, I bought the Wild Oasis which is the Gatewood Cape minus the ponch portion but with bug netting.

So far, it has been a great little shelter for my backpacking in Colorado.

I'd suggest the shelter to anyone who wants a light, easy to set up, solo shelter.

The Gatewood Cape (again, very similar to the Oasis) in action.

Set up: http://snipurl.com/2325s
A scary photo one snowy day: http://snipurl.com/2325v

:)

--Thoreau