[pct-l] Rude behavior in Warner Springs

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Fri May 2 11:15:53 CDT 2008

Because of a few previous responses to a trail angel's previous post a while back I will leave out what specifics I have heard.

I have received these three questions to my previous post.

>What prompted this question?

>Why you ask?

>Any examples of what you're hearing?

 All verbal not nice behavior in Warner Springs.

One in the mini-mart

One in the post office lobby toward another hiker

FOUR in the post office to Denise and her new clerk.

ALSO Closer to the border I heard a lot of talk about a couple incidents of bad behavior including one incident involving Rangers.  We need these Rangers.

ALSO we have already had an incident in Section E

Here, I am again leaving out lots of details so as not to cross the lines that friends here on the list have suggested.

I would like to hear from others (on or off list) what they might know.  A couple of years ago we had some bad behavior work it's way ALL the way up the trail.  There was a lot of bad PR for hikers put out, and some still has not been healed.

Solutions???

Monty

A few vague "I saw something similar" reported hikers zeroing in Warner Springs.

Both to locals and to hikers.

Warner Springs Monty
Pacific Crest Trail 2650 Miles .....Again.....and Again
Sign my Guestbook
www.trailjournals.com/monty