[pct-l] Let it go; aka hiker bashing; aka rude behavior

Wes Rose wb104475 at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 3 02:26:10 CDT 2008

Jomike,

After reading your lastest post I find myself asking again, "who elected

you as Patron Saint of the PCT-L?"  Perhaps you should take your own

medicine before dispensing it to others.

Wes

 Jomike writes:Is the problem not one of you and so many other's posts I've read today feel they know what's best; their way isthe right way; critiquing people via hearsay; assigningnames to people you've yet to meet-are now saying: I've hiked the pct my way, let's start putting pressure on other hikers to do it my way, i.e., not in my back yard. Besides careless, rude, selfish are all value judgments. I do agree with Donna on one thing, it is the INDIVIDUAL's job to deal with an offensive situation, at that time. And, I believe strongly that maintaining and/or sharing of ANY list is highly inappropriate. That is elitism to the hilt. Deal with the person and move on. One last comment, are all of you aware you've had virtually nothing pleasant to say? It is spring, most of you are healthy, happy and are want for nothing (within reason) so why not back off and share something worth you time and energy. There are fire problems that are as "real" as real can get. That deserves, in my opinion, our attention and energy. For heaven sakes let go of all the anti-08 hiker bashing.