[pct-l] San Jacinto re-route - tram from Palm Springs?

Ziggy Bean ziggybean at hotmail.com
Wed May 7 18:24:18 CDT 2008

Some friends of mine are hiking the trail this year and they are planning their route around the San Jacinto fire. They'd like to take the tram from Palm Springs and were told that trails leading from the upper tram station connect with the PCT but they don't know exactly where on the PCT. Does anyone have a map or know about what mile marker the tram trails cross the PCT?

Here's their email to me:

We are planning our route around the Mt S J fire closure. Devil's slide trailintersects the PCT at about mile 168. We are considering taking the tram fromPalm Springs instead. Trails leading from the upper tram station connect withthe PCT, but we don't know exactly where. Can you please tell us the PCT mileat which the tram trail would intersect the PCT?

Thanks!
Greta