[pct-l] Pct-l Trail Names

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Fri May 9 07:16:42 CDT 2008

Elevator previously wrote: I thought trail names were given on the  trail.
Switchback replies: This is very true and normally the case --- you are
given your trail name by other hikers on the trail.  But some of us have  been
authorized the power to bestow trail names.  For example, my real  trail name is
Sir Switchback the Trail Pirate.  Also, Sly is really Sir Sly  or there is Sir
Warner Springs Monty or Sir Yogi or may be it is Dane  Yogi.  This is an
example of four of us who are authorized to  officially bestow trail names (there
are a few select others too).  Think  of it like the old Knights of the Round
Table.  You have to do  outstandingly heroic trail deeds to be in this inner
circle.  Accordingly,  along with that goes certain powers and privileges.  I
hope this clears up  any confusion and trail etiquette issues.

Your pal, Sir Switchback and Sir Stinker the Trail  Skunk

favorites at AOL Food.