[pct-l] snow melting in the Sierra

goslowgofar goslowgofar at yahoo.com
Mon May 12 15:02:49 CDT 2008

Posted on Supertopo:
Tioga Road will open for NPS Administrative Traffic on Wednesday, May 14,
2008.

Just an fyi:  "Administrative Traffic" means that those of us that have completed the park's avalanche safety training may drive on the road for work-related purposes.  We have to follow a specific protocol which includes driving in teams and carrying beacons and rescue equipment. There are still 4 active avalanche zones along the road.  I guess with this warming trend they'll be gone soon!
  Katy
  (I may get to drive to Tuolumne Meadows next week!)