[pct-l] Tejon Ranch re-route question / Halfmile???

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Mon May 12 21:27:52 CDT 2008

> So here's a question for someone who knows how to draw various routes on maps...girlscout, if she's up to it?

First of all - girlscout is a he...  http://tinyurl.com/6bnq5y
He also does quite a bit of trail angeling in SoCal - picking thrus up at the airport, putting them up for a night or two, getting them last minute supplies, and helping them get to the trail at Campo, etc. ...

> I would really like to see a map contrasting the current route through the desert with the proposed route through TR.
> As someone who has not yet hiked down south, I have a hard time visualizing the change.
> I know it will be drastic, and most importantly, knock out most of the dreaded desert walk! Yay!

I thought (and am hoping) Halfmile might add it to his online PCT maps, http://www.pctmap.net/download/p/mapdl.html ...
Section E is the one to download to see the current "Mojave" portion of the PCT (see pages 6 through 11)...

Halfmile:  I do have a (NG TOPO!) route on my computer at home from a couple of years ago that I just worked on a few days ago and started altering it while also looking at closeups on Google Earth for better trail site selection...  I'd be glad to email it to you (when I get home from work later tonight) if it will help you put the potential route up on your site...   ;-)
(Chipmunk: if you have "NG TOPO! California" on your computer, I could send it to you, also)

Happy trails!!!
Jim