[pct-l] Trail shoes - hot or cold?

Matthew E. Nolan matthew.e.nolan at gmail.com
Wed May 14 00:22:28 CDT 2008

Hi, all.  I'm planning to section hike about 600 miles on the PCT, starting
at Echo Lake (Tahoe) around June 9th and ending after Tehachapi by early-mid
July.
I haven't hiked through the high sierras before, but I realize there is snow
to compete with on the passes.  I really like the New Balance 873
 (http://www.nbwebexpress.com/newbalanceMR873OR.htm) trail shoe, but the
outer is like a mesh -- very very breathable.
Do you think I run the risk of cold feet, or will the weather be mild enough
during that time of year?
And any general impressions of the shoe?
Other recommendations for a lightweight trail shoe?

Thanks very much!

Matt