[pct-l] Bee Stings Cure

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Wed May 14 07:54:55 CDT 2008

I do not know if this  is true, but thought it might be something for the
trail if it does work.   Someone sent this to me, so if anyone knows about this
post your  insights.
Dr. Switchback
A couple of weeks  ago, I was stung by both a bee & hornet while working in
the  garden.  My arm swelled up, so I went to the doctor. The clinic gave  me
cream & an antihistamine. The next day the swelling was getting  progressively
worse, so I went to my regular doctor. The arm was  infected & needed an
antibiotic. The doctor told me - ' 'The next  time you get stung, put a penny on
the bite for 15  minutes'.

That night, my niece was stung by two  bees. I looked at the bite & it had
already
started to swell. So, I  taped a penny to her arm for 15 minutes. The next
morning, there was no sign of a bite. We decided that  she just wasn't allergic
to the sting.

Soon, I was gardening  outside. I got stung again, twice by a hornet on my
left hand. I thought, here I  go again to the doctor for another antibiotic.  I
promptly got my  money out & taped 2 pennies to my bites, then sat & sulked
for  15 minutes. The penny took the string out of the bite immediately.  In  the
meantime the hornets were attacking, & my friend was stung on the  thumb.
Again the penny. The next morning I could only see the spot  where the hornet
had stung me. No redness, no swelling. My friend's sting  was the same; couldn't
even tell where she had been stung.  She  got stung again a few days later
upon her back---cutting the  grass!  And the penny worked once again.
Wanted to share this marvelous  information in case you experience the same
problem. We need to keep a  stock of pennies on hand.  The doctor said that the
copper in the  penny counteracts the bite.  It definitely  works!

favorites at AOL Food.