[pct-l] Unassisted PCT Record Attempt

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Thu May 15 22:37:46 CDT 2008

Michael writes: I got a question for you hiker97,if you left hot pizza and cold beer, would
that make you a "trail angel"?  You might want to lure them in on Chihuahua Valley Road ---  hikers just get sucked in and can't get out .
Switchback the Trail Pirate replies: That is good idea and shows you have the right attitude.  I think I can sabotage the upcoming Unassisted PCT record attempt without being labeled a "Trail Angel" or anything good or positive.  Trail Pirates are bad.  The hot pizza/cold brews ambushes to make them "Assisted" will work.  After a nice 45 mile day on the trail, they will pull into a well deserved campsite only to find six extra large boxes of hot pizza and a massive cooler of cold brews waiting.  They cannot touch anything or they violate their scared oath to do the trail unassisted.  The sabotage opportunities for me are boundless along the PCT 2600 plus miles.  This actually might be too easy.