[pct-l] PCT 2007 DVD Torrent: read this.

Brick Robbins brick at fastpack.com
Mon May 19 11:45:35 CDT 2008

A couple of notes about the 2007 DVD torrent:

1)My attempt to speed-seed the file by providing a quick download to a
few volunteers failed due to technical limitations of my equipment.
Sorry about that. If I had more time right now I could probably come
up with a work-around, but I don't, so I can't.

2)If you have never dealt with bit torrents before, I don't really
have the time to explain how the process works to each person who
emails me. Try doing a google or wikipedia search on "bittorrent" or
check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_%28protocol%29

3)I KNOW it will take a long time to download, at least till the first
complete copy gets distributed. Also it is a huge 4+Gibabyte file: it
will take a long time to download no matter what. Please don't
complain to me that it is taking a long time.

4)The file is an ISO disk image. Please don't ask me how to burn a DVD
from that file. Try doing a google search on "burn iso." This link
will do that http://www.google.com/search?q=burn+iso

5)Please don't get mad at me or call me  rude if I have given terse
answers to the questions you could have googled yourself. I had a busy
weekend. I don't get paid for this, and the people who DO pay me get
annoyed when their work is not done by yesterday.

As of right now, the file is about 2/3 distributed, and the swarm
speed is running about 5MB/s. The limiting factor seems to be my cable
modem's slow upload limitations. Your download is not "stalled at
60%." That is all of the file that has been uploaded from my computer
into the swarm so far.

Have a nice day.
(and yes, I'm a bit annoyed, thanks for asking)