[pct-l] which backpack??

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Tue May 20 22:48:54 CDT 2008

[resending as this apparently didn't go out the first time]

After `35 years it is time for me to buy a new litewate (light weight)
pack. I currently use an A16 external frame with personal belt and modified
bag.  I'm lightening up my load. I need good transfer of pack weight to my
hips/belt.

I'm almost 65 and looking for a pack for a few days to a week or so. I want
to be light weight but still have some creature comforts.

I'm looking at the following:  Gossamer Gear Mariposa Plus; ULA Circuit;
ULA Catalyst; Six Moons Starlite; Six Moons Comet; and Six Moons Traveler.
 From the web sites I find it difficult to compare the advantages and
disadvantages of one to the rest. Your experience and though welcome.
--

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>