[pct-l] Snakebite

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Wed May 21 19:55:20 CDT 2008

Interesting and informative article. Sort of as you implied, a lot of the
article is too technical for us hikers. However the part about prehospital
care is great.  Makes me think that carrying a cell phone (with camera?)
may be a worthwhile piece of first aid equipment for hikers.

Of course many areas we hike do not have cell reception. OTOH, hiking a
piece of the California Coastal Trail 10 to 16 miles south of Crescent
City, I found I had good reception. The trail runs very close to US101
which probably accounts for the reception.

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>