[pct-l] Walker Pass Food Ruck or Bust

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Fri May 23 17:33:51 CDT 2008

Incredible wrote: Checkout the following link for Walker Pass weather: http://raws.wrh.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/roman/meso_base.cgi?stn=ONYC1&time=GMT
It's not so bad out there.  You are whimping out, me thinks so.  Think about the brave hikers.  Heck, even I'll be out near San Jacinto this weekend.  Arrgh.  You are loosing your tough, trail sacking reputation.  Arrgh.
Switchback replies: I noticed that the wind was 6 mph and gusts to 14 mph.  This is over my 5 and 13 mph limits.  Otherwise, I would be there in a heartbeat.  No problem at all going to Walker Pass.  On the other hand, it would be a neat adventure to go up there.  I don't think I have ever been to Walker Pass.  No I better not go unless my Terminator wife says I can.  Just a second and I will ask her..................no she said I could not go unless Meadows Ed & friends were there to play with.  She does not like me to solo in my mature years.  Anyway, we will be there next weekend with food and drinks.  It will be like the Donner Pass relief party.  We will see the remains (or what is left of them) but we will be too late to help.  I wonder if this will be something that will go down in PCT lore?  The great storm of 08 and the historic carnage along the trail.  May be we should call this Food Ruck, "Walker Pass or Bust".