[pct-l] TEHACHAPI PASS PARKING WARNING

Ralph Alcorn rbalcorn at gmail.com
Sun May 25 13:26:02 CDT 2008

I've parked in the small area north of 58 recently from about 6am to 3pm and
didn't get any ticket or warning. Also I've observed cars parked there at
other times without tickets.

I was there on foot a few days ago, and noticed a white "official" looking
car in the area south of 58, parked facing the railroad tracks, with someone
sitting in the car. That car was still there when I drove back after
hitching to my car at the Tehachapi Willow Springs trailhead. My speculation
is that those two areas are railroad property, and the white car contained
someone doing some sort of inspection of the trains, which were going by
frequently.
--
Ralph Alcorn
http://www.backpack45.com/pct.html