[pct-l] Towing Car

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Sun May 25 15:40:50 CDT 2008

Pieces writes: Questions raised by this incident: 1. Who posted the "complaint?"
Switchback replies: It is obvious who filed the complaint.  It was the towing company, so they could make some money.  A dirty trick, but probably true.  If it was someone else, I bet they are in on the scam and get a kickback from the towing company.  I wonder if leaving a note on the dash about being a PCT Hiker with a cell phone number would be okay to do.  Of course, you now have to carry a cell phone, but on a section hike I do not think that is a big deal.  This whole thing smells of a rotten trick.