[pct-l] Restaurant between Wrightwood and AD

Jim "PITA" Payne enyapjr at comcast.net
Tue May 27 10:04:12 CDT 2008

Regarding Newcomb's Ranch, L-Rod said:
> It's been there for years, but apparently wasn't listed in any PCT literature.

I hadn't seen it before, either, but word has certainly spread throughout the '09 class via the trail grapevine...
I had checked a few journals late last week and quite a few thrus had stopped in there - evidently a fairly large, good tasting breakfast, plus the Newcomb folks gave some a ride back to the trail and made lunches to go (long before 'lunch' serving hours), too...  A "triple decker turkey club sandwich and fries" - my mouth is watering already!  I searched and found the website and had bookmarked it - saving it with other "important" PCT info - even before Pink Gumby's query...

Extremely important to know about these off-trail food "details" and opportunities!   ;-)

Happy trails!!!
Jim / "PITA"