[pct-l] Restaurant between Wrightwood and AD

CATHARINE FRENETTE tahoe.cat at verizon.net
Tue May 27 10:48:23 CDT 2008

"How's Your Trail"?    Regarding "Newcomb's Ranch" Back in, I think 05',
Eagle Scout and I hiked from the I-15 to Hwy 2 at three points then pooped
out. Heard about Newcomb's Ranch and walked about, can't remember for sure,
2 miles down Hwy 2 to the restaurant. The guys that lived there and worked
there were Great! We got there about 3pm and my wife wouldn't get there
until midnight to pick us up. We had about $20 between us and ate a good
lunch and dinner and played pool for hours and I had a few beers and cokes
and when they closed at 10pm one of the guys let us watch a movie on his DVD
player and gave us change to use the pay phone to call him down to get his
player back when my wife arrived. These guys were really Good to us but I
heard that they have changed hands and those guys don't work there any more.
I hope that they are as good as they were.  Remember "Be Prepared"  Ground
Pounder Bill "Semper Fi"