[pct-l] weather from the trail

Gary Wright at2002 at mac.com
Tue May 27 12:49:09 CDT 2008

On May 27, 2008, at 1:02 PM, Donna "L-Rod" Saufley wrote:
> I have been hearing the "no rain gear" comment from a number of
> hikers, and it is pretty upsetting to me.

 From reading pct-l and Trailjournals it seems some people
have ditched their tent and the warm clothes because they
thought it was always hot and sunny on the southern PCT.

It is strange since every bit of advice I've ever seen about
thru-hiking the PCT (handbooks, ALDHA workshops, PCT-L, personal
discussions with hikers) has always mentioned that you have
to be prepared for cold and possibly wet weather anywhere
on the trail.

Radar