[pct-l] backpacking boots

sandy boyd sandylwes at yahoo.com
Tue May 27 20:05:54 CDT 2008

I have a question.... I get sweaty feet in my current boots in the warmer weather. They are the montrail torre with gortex. I am looking at the lowa jannu mid, a mesh/ leather boot with leather lining. Lowa claims the leather lining will be cooler than goretex. Guess I m not sure the advantages of the leather lining.
Im not ready to go down to a light hiking boot yet- finally got my plantar fassiitis (sp?) healed up and dont want it back again.
So what are  you sweaty feet people wearing in a backpacking boot????
Thanks- sandy in WA