[pct-l] Friday's Walker Pass Rescue Expedition

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Thu May 29 06:59:53 CDT 2008

Ralph wrote: When packing our tent up after camping at Walker Pass about a week ago, this critter had snuggled up between the ground cloth and tent bottom. He was not happy. About 3 inches long from tip to tip, NOT straightened out. I moved him about 20 feet away, so he is still there to welcome this weekend's party. (top campsite in the campground, by the way). 1st photo on right side --- www.backpack45.com/pct.html
Switchback replies: Yes, this is why this weekend's Rescue Expedition to Walker Pass is so dangerous.  By the way, it is also the reason I am sleeping in my vehicle.  But aggressive monster sized stinging scorpions (the one in the picture just cached and is a tiny baby), stalking super hungry mutant saber tooth mountain lions, and ever vigilant circling giant hiker eating condors will not deter the expedition members from their assigned task of feeding and helping PCT hikers.  We will bravely be there this Friday-Sunday with super foods and services.  I thank you.

PS: By the way, I am still thinking about bringing the hiker-babe magnet hybrid vehicle.  This will cause a big stir with the mountainwomen, but I might just bring the SUV.  Stay tuned for an After Action Report.